Our last article talked about the advantages of table games and video poker, and how these games can bode well for the average online casino player. We would be remiss, however, if we didn’t mention the favorable odds of Online craps. Though odds and payouts may vary from casino to casino, the most common craps bets have a low house edge, meaning that the player stands a better chance of winning.
This article reviews a few good craps bets, and is meant for those readers that already have a working knowledge of the game.
Try Craps here: InetBet Casino - USA Welcome - Real Time Gaming Software
Before we delve into specific bets, it’s important to mention a few differences between brick and mortar casino craps and online craps:
- Odds bets and some payouts may vary from what you see in Las Vegas or Atlantic City.
- The pace of online craps is much faster, since the player is always the shooter and does not necessarily have to wait for others to bet (some online casinos, however, do offer multi-player craps tables).
- If you are playing online craps solo, you can make the generally unpopular “don’t pass” or “don’t come” bets, which under normal circumstances would irritate or alienate other players at the table.
Next, here are a few popular craps bets and their respective house edge. For a more detailed explanation of ALL craps bets, we recommend you have at look at NextShooter.com Craps Bets for further information.
- Pass Line - The pass line bet is the standard craps bet that most all players make, novice to advanced. Moreover, it’s actually a good bet for your money: the house edge is only 1.41%, so even if you have no clue how to play craps, you can bet the pass line every time and stand a good chance of winning.
- Field Bet - After the initial roll of the dice, the “field” is open for betting. These bets come with more risk than the pass line: the player will be facing a 2.77% house edge. Even money is paid on numbers 3,4,9,10, or 11; double money for “Aces” or 2; and triple money for 12. Accordingly, the player loses if any 5,6,7, or 8 is rolled.
- Come Bet - Nextshooter.com describes this bet as a “virtual pass line bet”, and it can be made at any moment during play, even if the point has already been rolled.
- Place Bet - These bets are made in hopes that the respective number chosen will be rolled before 7 (craps) comes in. The odds vary on these bets: 4 or 10 pays 9 to 5 with a 6.7% house edge; 5 or 9 pays 7 to 5 with a 4% house edge; and 6 or 8 pays 7 to 6 with a 1.5% house edge. For beginners, betting Big 6 or 8 is a safe bet and can be profitable.
- “Free Odds” Pass line bet - According to Nextshooter.com, this is the only bet in the casino where there is no house edge, since they are paid to the true odds of the dice. Look around at various online casinos before choosing one for your craps session: different casinos offer different table odds, ranging from 5x to 100x. The Free Odds bet is placed behind your initial pass line bet. If the point is either 4 or 10 the payout is 2 to 1; 5 or 9 the payout is 3 to 2; 6 or 8 and the payout is 6:5. It’s advised by many craps experts to always play a free odds bet if at all possible.
Try Craps here: Cherry Red Casino - USA Welcome - Real Time Gaming Software
Well, there you have it, a summary of easy and profitable craps bets that can be made at most all online casinos. Remember, check the odds offered by each casino before starting a craps game. Finally, always read the house rules and regulations regarding payouts for their craps tables. In some cases, payouts may not be the same under some conditions as what you may have experienced in Las Vegas. The informed gambler is a winning gambler.
Try playing online craps at the following casinos:
- Paradise 8 Casino - USA Welcome - TopGame Software
- Rushmore Casino - USA Welcome - Real Time Gaming Software
- River Belle Online Casino - European/International Players Only - MicroGaming Software
- InetBet Casino - USA Welcome - Real Time Gaming Software
Good Luck from All of Us at Jaxcasinos.com!