For those of you that are regular online casino players, you know what we’re talking about. For those of you that are new to online casinos, read on. One of the most important factors in the success of an online casino is its ability to retain customers. In the online casino industry, this is known as “customer retention management”, or “CRM” ( in some cases also known as “Customer Retention Marketing” ). It’s one thing to get players through the door with gimmicks and freebies, but it’s another altogether to keep them consistently coming back for more. Good customer retention not only recoups marketing expenses, but also garners profit for the online casino company.
As a player, however, you look at things much differently. You probably ask yourself:
- What does this casino offer me?
- Was customer service responsive?
- Was the bonus program reasonable?
- Do I like the look and feel of the website?
- Did they pay me out on time?
- If I’m a high roller, were all my needs met?
- Can I trust this online casino?
Probably the most important question on this list is, “Can I trust this online casino?”. No matter what job you have, what industry you work in, or what you sell, trust is probably the MOST important factor that needs to be established between client and company. If the client feels any sense of uneasiness or distrust, they will most likely not be a client for long, or end their business with the respective company before it ever starts. The same is true for online businesses: if something doesn’t seem right, you as a consumer are probably going to leave that particular website and advise others to say away as well.
Now think about these points in the online casino world. There are thousands of online casino sites all competing for your business. Once you’ve selected a casino, what does this casino do to keep your business? How do they maintain a good relationship between client and company?
Thinking as a casino company, you’ve just acquired a new client that has deposited money. Now what? How do we make sure this new customer remains happy and doesn’t wander off to another online casino? What do we have to do to keep his or her business?
Based on the questions listed above, we’ve got the following general answers that are applicable whether you’re a casino company or casino player.
What makes you come back for more?
- What does this casino offer me? - Casino players are a tough crowd to impress. Just think of the brick and mortar operations in Vegas, and you’ll know what we’re talking about. There are dozens of different casinos in Vegas, all offering essentially the same thing, but packaged in different ways. The key factor in this equation for the customer is if the amenities offered by a land based casino or online casino meet their needs. Some players like to take advantage of promotions offered by email. Others may prefer to be called by VIP casino hosts. High Rollers may want gifts or free vacations to exotic places. Every casino has blackjack, slots, and roulette, but the real issue is what they offer players as rewards for their loyalty. Casinos that value you business and go out of their way to keep you around are probably good places to play.
- RiverBelle Online Casino - International Players Only (NO USA) - Microgaming Software
- Was customer service responsive? - Customer service quality is an important part of any sort of company and customer relationship, whether you’re selling boats, cars, shirts, or online casino entertainment. As online casino players, we don’t want to wait on hold for more than 5 minutes when we call support. Similarly, we expect that all email queries will be answered quickly. If a casino lacks the ability to adequately answer and address its customers questions, it’s clear that the casino doesn’t respect its players. If you ever encounter such an operation, close you account and request a payout. There are other casinos that will be happy to have your business, AND they will answer your questions much faster.
- Was the bonus program reasonable? - This particular question deals specifically with the online casino industry, since most land based operations only offer match play promotions, or no bonus at all. When a player deposits money, they want to be sure that they have a reasonable chance of actually winning while playing the casino’s games. Therefore, if the bonus program is very oppressive: ie. too many conditions, a large rollover, or game restrictions; it essentially means the casino is going to get all of your initial deposit plus the bonus funds back no matter what you do. If you get lucky and end up with a positive balance, some casinos only allow you to withdraw $X from your account per the bonus’s rules. When you join a casino and can’t make heads or tails of their bonus offer, our advice is to leave and find somewhere else to play. The same goes if the bonus looks like a rip-off altogether.
- Vegas Sky Online Casino - All Players Welcome - Rival Gaming
- Do I like the look and feel of the website? - A few days ago we wrote about various styles of online casino sites, and how they attract different groups of customers. In the casino business in general, looks DO count. Think about the mega resort-hotels in Vegas or Macau, and you’ll know what we’re talking about. As a result, if you land on an online casino homepage that looks like trash, chances are, so is the operation. Companies that take the time to design a quality website demonstrate not only their ability to meet customer’s needs, but also the fact that they have solid financing to fund casino operations. The last place you want to play is an online casino that is running out of money: you’ll probably never get paid out. Remember to pick through a casino website and see if it looks good or like a piece of garbage.
- Did they pay me out on time? - This one is plain and simple: if you had to wait more than 10 days for a payout, there’s something shady going on. There is one exception to the 10 day rule. Sometimes requesting your first payout takes longer because you have to fax in ID verification forms or credit card authorization letters. If this is the case, start your 10 day clock immediately after you get word that you’re approved to be paid out. Most good online casinos can pay you within 1-3 days. If, however, you have to harass, annoy, and constantly call customer service to remind them about a long overdue payout, remember to immediately leave that casino website once you get your funds. There are better casinos out there, believe us.
- Rich Casino - All Players Welcome - Top Game Software
- If I’m a high roller, were all my needs met? - Casinos are a “pay to play” business. The more you pay, the better they’ll treat you. It’s important to understand this method of operation because players that bet big are potentially more profitable to the casino than the one off slots player that deposits $20. If you’re a high roller make sure you call customer service and get increased table limits. Also, be sure to inquire about customer reward programs and any other amenities that are offered for top players. Many of the best casino operations reward VIP players with trips, champagne, and gifts in the mail. If your casino can’t seem to find the time or effort to treat you appropriately, it’s time to go gambling elsewhere. In general, VIP players are those that deposit more than $5000 USD on a consistent basis.
- Can I trust this online casino? - This is the final, all important factor. Think about all the criteria we covered above and combine them together: the result is the general “trust factor” you feel a casino has earned. If a casino ever gives you an indication that it can not pay you out, offers lousy VIP programs, or overly complex bonuses, your trust in their operation will certainly wither. When that time comes, leave. Remember, there are more than 2000 online casinos waiting to have your business. Don’t let one bad apple ruin the bunch.
The salient lesson here for both casino operators and casino players is indeed the “trust factor”, and all the various components that comprise it. If you as a casino operator can prove to the customer that you have a trustworthy online casino, they will probably stick around a lot longer, and may even tell their friends about your website. On the other hand, if you portray your casino as a sleazy, con artist style business, chances are, you’re not going to hold on to players that long, and maybe closing your doors sooner than you think. Badly managed casinos never last long on the internet. Good ones do. We recommend reviewing our list of casinos on the right hand side of this page.
Cherry Red Casino - All Players Welcome - RTG Software
Bet365.com Casino/Sportsbook/Bingo/Racebook - European and International Players Only - Proprietary Software
Club USA Casino - All Players Welcome - RTG Software
Good Luck From Jaxcasinos.com!